Thread: stems
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 10:33 AM

Default Re: stems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
No one is gonna share the stems of popular songs on the web as that is copyright material and not for newbees to play with.

Search on the web for stem sessions and I know steven slate has some courses online with stems to download but thats gonna cost ~$100 per session and there are some competitions that offer stems for mixing but none of those are for publishing, just for the specific purpose of the stems.

Why do you want these? Why not start with making your own music if you are new to this? Messing around with other peoples work wont take you anywhere.
I don't actually want to use the stems for anything. i just wanted to make my own drums for example and then listen to the drums of the track by itself and compare it by ear. So I can improve.

I have listened to some more unprofessional sounding instruments and well it sounds.. unprofessional. it just doesnt have the same nice sound as popular music does.

anyway. well, i understand why its illegal. people dont really use it to learn... people suck.. which is why you assumed i was going to actually use the sounds for myself, which is sad but pretty accurate what most people would do. i just wanted to learn better. but its fine. ill figure it out