View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 01:55 PM

Default Video Window says "No Movie Present" when a video is present

Hi there,

I have recorded a couple of videos, they are all similar and recorded in the same time period. The recording software was the built in video software for my Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000, which actually does a pretty good job. All play in windows movie maker and VLC without a problem. I have pro tools m-Powered 8 academic.

I imported one into protools m-powered, and it imported fine into the timeline, and when I go Window->Video, I get the video preview window which opens find and shows the video. All is well here. (Sadly, it doesn't appear that I can edit the video itself in Pro Tools m-powered, which is very aggravating, but at least I can select the main portion, thus cropping off the ends, and export a decent video with my added sound.)

When I go to import my other video, same format as .wmv HD 960x720, it imports fine, and it shows up on the time line so I see the frames on the timeline, but when I go Window->Video the video preview window opens but it is black and just says No Movie Present. Now, I can play the movie and hear the sound, and I actually see the frames in the timeline, but the Preview window just doesn't show anything. I have tried everything I can think of.

As I said before, these two videos play fine in other media players, and both import fine into Vegas. In fact, I used Vegas to edit the videos that had this problem in pro tools. Yay Vegas!

Let me just add that if it is indeed possible to edit video in pro tools m-powered, and the manual is wrong, then please let me know how to do this.

Thanks.