View Single Post
Old 04-07-2019, 12:20 AM

Default Re: Best iMac to upgrade too?

Thanks for the reply. The technical support asked me no questions. They simply said i did not have enough RAM and that was that. They also said that PT loads all the plug ins into memory on start up therefore it does not matter if I have no plug ins activated. The plug ins I use are from wave and from sound toys. Nothing fancy just basic audio processing stuff- EQ compression, gates, I use the API EQ a lot. Also use lexicon reverb. My sessions are not big - very unlikely to be more than 10 tracks. The problem will occur whether I am recording or mixing. I run a Lynx Aurora 8 with a firewire card. I do use an adapter from firewire to thunderbolt. I record to an external drive. Its called the G drive - got from the mac store. That drive is run off a USB connection. Also have 256 Buffer size. The problem is intermittent. I can go for hours with no problem recording - then up comes a series of error messages. The optimisations I have done in the past based on your recommendations. I have had this problem for ever really - I used run a safire interface and run the external drive in series - still had it. Also had this issue with the iMac i had before this one. Thanks for helping. Cheers Tony