View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 09:17 AM

Angry Re: Import session data - access violation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerY View Post
Hello,

I also had this problem here today with PT HD 8.01 CS2 HD5 on a G5 Quadcore with Digidesign Expansion Chassis.

Took my one hour with a customer next to me.

I open a session 1 with a few audio, aux and one master track. I tried to import some audiotracks (without audio data) from another session 2.

Pro Tools shows a spinning ball while progress bar says "Restoring tracks".

The workaround was to create a fresh new session and import both sessions 1 audio and aux tracks with data and session 2 audiotracks and aux tracks. This was working fine.

I have no idea why Pro Tools refuses/freeze to import directly into session 1. Interesting to read, that also newer PT versions have this problem.

Anyone have an idea, why this happens?

Greetings to all,
Goetz.

Excuse my language , but [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] me this bug is a disaster...i'm trying to merge complex sessions here from a couple of well know industry figures, & it's making me look like an complete idiot in front of them, with crashes & 'Could not complete you request because an access violation as occurred' errors..

..total kids hour cubase type bug here guys !! Digi , if you read this, I don't want any new chorus plugins from Air, I just wish to avoid 100 crashes a day when trying to work in front of clients !!!

B Rig: (Home/Office). M1 Mac Studio - 64gb ram - OSX 12.7.1, PT Ultimate2023.6, HD Native Thunderbolt, Omni, Avid Artist Control

http://www.lostboysstudio.com