View Single Post
Old 01-31-2023, 02:14 AM

Default Re: The Aux I/O device has disappeared from the system and will be disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeron80 View Post
Not sure if this is the same issue as the original post.

I frequently use Aux I/O to get Zoom in and out of Pro Tools. It works wonderfully except for one thing. Almost every time use it, I have to uncheck Pro Tools Audio Bridge 2A and 2B in I/O setup and add them back in, then choose those busses again on the tracks. It's clearly a buggy implementation. But it's still better that having to use a second interface for Zoom and running analog cables.

This is on my MBP M1 Max, PT Ultimate 2022.9. I gather that updating to 2022.12 would not likely fix it.
In the Avid doc it tells you how to create your own pairs -

How can I change the configuration of Pro Tools Audio Bridge.
Quit any applications that are using Pro Tools Audio Bridge. Find the ProToolsAudioBridge.config file and copy it to your desktop. This will help prevent accidental renaming.

Located: Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/ProToolsAudioBridge.driver/Contents/Resources/

Open the file with any text editor.

Add, remove, or modify an existing line to add, remove, or change the device listings. The first number is the channel count, followed by the name of the device.

Save and close the file. Drag it back into the original location, and replace the previous file. It is important to keep the file name the same.
Reboot the computer.

I did this, made all the pairs I needed for Zoom, SC etc. Maybe try that?