View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 10:02 AM

Default United Plugins FrontDAW Free Until Sept 15th

I saw on Production Expert that United Plugins in offering their production plugin FrontDAW for FREEuntil September 15th. Normally it is €49. As described at Production Expert:

Quote:
What Is FrontDAW?

As the name suggests, Front DAW is intended to be used as the very first plugin on every track. The plugin adds gain and subtle saturation to them. Thanks to VARM (Variable Analogue Random Modeling – used also previously on Royal Compressor) each track would sound slightly different even with identical settings.
The plugin offers three types of saturation circuits: BR represents classic fat British consoles, US stands for legendary punchy American style input. Switching to GE will give you velvet-sounding colourful vintage German tube console. All you have to do is to set the gain, choose saturation mode and set the saturation amount with the Mojo knob.

I've only had a limited experience in trying it, but already I can tell you it does add a really nice flavor to a track, or a submix, or the entire mix. I tried it on individual instrument tracks, a drum submix, and the Main mix bus. It just sounds really nice to my ears. And you can beat that price!

It is worth a tryout. You go to the United Plugins website, download the license, then get the "Try it for Free" download, install, and then open PT and put it on a track. Then, you should see a place to upgrade to full version, which will then allow you to access the license you downloaded, and bingo, its yours forever, free.