View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 12:27 AM

Default Re: Magma Expressbox7 EB7 Which one? Gen I or II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howardk View Post
Ok, now running HD 7 in my Digidesign Express Box 7 chassis. I could not find a spec, but since all the power supplies I looked at (from 500W-1000w) all have about the same current rating @ 3.3VDC, I assumed the HD Cards draw most of their power from the 12VDC rail, like a PCIe Video card, so I upgraded the supply to this 850W power supply.

After that, worked last night for a couple hours, no problems. Came back today and Pro Tools crashed 3 time in a row on loading session, even after complete power cycles on everything. The 4th time was a charm. I did keep all the crash threads, but they are not readable to my inexperienced eye. Worked on a mix for an hour after that without any problems. . . Hope this is not going to be a continuous problem. Thoughts?
I would say keep an eye on plug-in cache. Most people turn it off completely but I tend to leave it on if I am pulling up sessions with (near) identical plug-in assignments. I have experiences regular crashes when switching from one large project to another (maybe even at a different sample rate) and Pro Tools can't handle figuring out which plug-ins should remain or which plug-ins should go where - exacerbated by the fact that Accel cards have different kinds of chips in them.

WHich version of Pro Tools are you running? I have recently upgraded to 10.3.10 but am finding it less stable compared to 10.3.8 so will be rolling back at the next opportunity.

HD7 Accel PCIe, Magma EB7 chassis
PT 10.3.10 Mac OS 10.9.5
SSL Delta Link HD 160 I/O

COCKOS REAPER (latest)
RME MADIFX (192 I/O)

ProControl (32 channel)