View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 12:04 PM

Default Changed input routing since PhoenixVerb Surround v3?

Hi,

am I the only one bothered about the changed input routing in PhoenixVerb since v3 for mono to 5.0 instances? Up to v2.0.9 on a mono to 5.0 instance the incoming signal to the plugin would arrive on the center channel giving me a balanced wet signal.

However for some reason EA decided on v3 to change this so from that version onwards a mono input comes in on the left channel which leads to reverbs leaning to the left especially with small rooms that have less "smear" than large ones.

I rolled back to v2.0.9 because of this. Am I the only one using mono-5.0 reverbs? Asking because Izotope support sounded a little bit like I should not be doing this (versus using LCR or 5.0 sends) but then I wonder why is there a mono to 5.0 version in the first place. Plus it all was fine before v3 and we've mixed tons of films this way without this issue.

I already talked to a couple of other mixers that stayed at 2.0.9 for this reason.

Anyone know what the reason for this change was? Michael can't be reached anymore via the EA address I guess.

Also: Is this the same in the other flavours of EA reverbs? Same in Stratus, R2 etc.?

Many thanks!

Frank.