View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 05:44 PM

Default Re: Latency and system configuration help!

Darryl, Thanks for the reply, Just to try to explain why I am leaning to a new computer.... it is because I can continue using the system I have in the studio and then, get the new computer which would have the latest processor and the ability to go up to 64 gb of ram either now or in the future. My current system being 4 -5 years old is working for my other needs and will continue to do just that. Actually, long term buying new will end up costing me less that trying to work with my older system.

Now on Drives, at this point the system would have a slot to handle the New PCIE style SSD but, are you saying that is not a good option? Then, there are 3 HDD Slots with Sata interfaces which I can add SSD drives. In my reading and comparisons the tests in windows it shows the PCIE slot design is much faster but you are saying that is not so?

With the New system I'd get Windows 10pro and then build the system from the ground up and best of all, I can still keep working in the studio while I am bringing the new computer on board.

So, I am specific on the SSD I was thinking of on the system board was this type of drive Samsung 960 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB SSD, either a 512gb or 1tb drive.

I can use other SSD's as Audio drives rather then the older HDD's no problem.

Believe me, I am not trying to be confrontational and yes I am listening... For me to buy a new computer just seemed to work with my schedule and idea.

PS, I did look at the Pro company you suggested, they only communicate by email....I have not had the to sit down and contact them yet.

Dave