View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 12:00 PM

Default Re: Waves Audio AAX DSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post
Well one solution to this, if they do port most of their plugins to aax native. is get them native, and get the HDX card and other plugins for dsp. This way you have the best of both world. You still have your compatibility with old sessions, for having the same native plugins (assuming they are porting them) and you can get the benefit of the HDX cards while developing a new interest for other companies that actually got onboard with the new dsps.
Or... don't upgrade at all. There are still enough places out there running Mix systems on G4s.

Necjam actually hits the point right on the head:

Quote:
Originally Posted by necjamc View Post
I think the bigger picture here is more related to prior investment. I'm In construction. I own 2 bobcats that's about 100000 dollars. The attachments are standard across the board. If they suddenly start making a machine that will out work the ones I have but changed that standard rendering the 60000 dollars in attachments I do own useless no matter how good it would be I wouldn't upgrade.
Right? But it's not like you're going to start getting angry at Bobcat because these attachments aren't "compatible"... you're going to keep working with what you got, and not buy either a new loader, or new attachments until you absolutely need them.

This philosophy is definitely the best way to look at it. If you really want to keep using Waves, and eventually upgrade to HDX... then you should stop giving money to BOTH Waves and Avid. If you support one, but not the other... you're giving one more credit when, let's face it, both tools are equally important to you. Avid shouldn't have to pay Waves anything, and Waves should realize that nearly everyone else is already on board with AAX. It's nothing more than a staring contest where no one wins.

The best thing you can do is sit it out, and keep using what works for you. Worry about upgrading when you know it will work.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515