View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 07:55 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 7.4 works on Leopard (warning, upgrade gotcha)

Quote:
One cautionary note; When 7.4 was installed I found that all of my previous session files had been wiped out. I'm not sure if this was a normal function of the uninstaller but I would advise that you copy any important session files to a separate disk that can be unmounted from the computer prior to doing your upgrade. Thankfully none of my session files were vital, they had all been completed and the mastered files had been previously off-loaded.

The installer should not erase any sessions. The only time an installer would erase sessions is if you mistakenly have them stored in the temporary Digidesign Databases folders that are created by the program.

Here's my cautionary note; there's a serious issue with thread prioritization in Leopard that may cause performance issues in Pro Tools (and honestly, any other program). It's why they are recommending waiting until it gets fixed. Just something to watch out for.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12