View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 08:06 PM

Default PT 8 M-Powered/Projectmix I/O - no audio (PLEASE HELP)

I have been using Pro Tools 8 M-Powered for years on an older Windows laptop. I recently upgraded to a MacPro 1,1 with 2.66 GHz dual core Xeon/32 GB memory and os X 10.6.8. I installed my PT 8 from the DVD. Upgraded to PT 8.0.3, then to PT 8.0.5 (as recommended by the Avid support site). During this upgrade, I also purchased an M-Audio ProjectMix I/O to replace my older Fast Track Ultra interface. I loaded the latest driver for the PM (Firewire_OSX_1_10_ 5.dmg). The PM has the latest firmware (10.19.5.A). Powered up the PM first, then the Mac (actually I have tried it both ways) and start the PT software. I can open the PM Control Panel software just fine. I have assigned the PM as the HUI device in the PT software. PT is able to communicate with the PM just fine. If I make changes in the PT session (create a new track, pan left or right, etc.) the changes show up on the PM console. Also, if I make changes on the PM console (fader adjustments, panning left or right, etc.) they show up in the PT software. The problem lies in the fact that no matter what I do, I cannot get the PM console to recognize any input assignments on the 8 analog inputs. Its like they are turned off and I don't have a control to turn them on. The MIDI input, however, does work and will receive information. I can record MIDI tracks to PT and I can see the recorded track. The other problem is I cannot get the PM to recognize any audio signal output... so, no sound. Both PT and the PM Control Panel software are showing audio signals. The PM software shows an audio signal being sent to the main outs (1/2) and both of the headphone jacks, but when I plug in my studio monitors or plug headphones in... there is no audio at all. I have tested the system with my old Fast Track Ultra and everything works normal. I do not have the CD that comes with the PM, so I do not have access to the software that mirrors the PM console itself (which I have read is the only way you can access some features, such as updating the Firmware). Are there some other controls in that software that I am needing to fix this??? If so, does anyone know where I can get it? It just seems like this is either a software issue that I am not finding, or something wrong with the PM hardware that produces analog audio signals on both the front and back ends.

BTW, I have been using PT 8 for about 10 years, so I am fairly certain that I have my I/O assignments right. I have tried the defaults, building the paths myself, clearing everything and starting from scratch, etc. so I am fairly certain the problem is not in the I/O assignments in PT. Can anyone PLEASE HELP?!?!?!?