View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 04:36 PM

Default Re: NAMM 2011 Countdown - Take It To 11!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_with_v View Post
I am not sure that Avid needs a new product since the 11R has only been out for about a year or so and it has been stated that the 11r still has a lot of unsed power.
Agreed.

Think about it people. How long would it take from the research & development stage, to the designing stage, and to the production stage would it take to implement a BRAND NEW piece of hardware that the "Eleven Rack 2" would take? There is NO WAY in my opinion that Avid is going to release a new 11R for the next 2 years at least! (for example, how long did it take between the release of the Mbox, the Mbox 2, and the Mbox 3????? And I'm SURE that the Mbox units are no where NEAR as complex as the 11R). Like 'Fly with V' and I have stated, the Eleven Rack is only a little over a year old!

Besides, I'm sure it's taken this long for them to research, model and implement the most popular features that we've all asked for. I wonder just how long DOES it take to model every singe nuance of ONE amp, let alone ALL of the features that have been requested????? I'm sure as hell that it doesn't happen overnight!

My gut says that Avid's announcement at this upcoming NAMM is the firmware release with new features/amp models and such that we've all been waiting for ....and maybe even a foot controller if we're lucky.

But a BRAND NEW Eleven Rack????? Not a chance!

I for one, am patiently optimistic!