View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 03:53 PM

Default Re: HD Native PCIe card discontinued?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike841 View Post
What card are you using? I haven't found one yet that will run without drop-outs on my Asus P6X58-E Pro mb. You are the first person I've heard that has stable system on Win-TB. Any advice will be greatly appreciated but I'm not giving up my Nuendo/Avid system. Anyone who goes back to the "Digidesign Days" knows that with the "HD" converters, Avid hit the mark. I've never been more pleased with my audio quality.

And in my case, my system was rock-solid right from the start. Nuendo ran right out of the box on the HD Native card w 2 HD IOs. No glitches. No hiccups. Slaved perfectly to and from a Mytek clock and jumped back and fourth between Nuendo and Sony Vegas like Avid had tested them together. I was knocked over because I didn't expect it to work so smoothly. It would be very hard for me to even consider another setup... unless Avid forces me to. And that would be a shame.
X58??? That is pretty old and in NO way supports Thunderbolt. Those boards also did not have a TB header to plug the cable into from the card to the board. So I am not even sure what you are doing or how you could get it to "kind of" work with no driver or hardware support.

There are not different cards to choose from for the most part. If you have a Asus board, you have to buy an Asus TB card. If you have a GB board, you have to buy a GB TB card, and so on. There are NO cross developer TB cards. With that said, you have to also have a supported motherboard which also requires a supported chipset and supported Intel CPU. You would have to update to a fairly modern system to get TB support.

If you are using your card successfully with your HDN, then you must be running PT 9-10 and probably Win 7. Avid basically broke the driver around 11 if memory serves and have never fixed it. You basically cant adjust the buffer size down to track or select it in the Win sound devices. I don't track in anything other than PT, so it does not affect me personally and I have quite a few other interfaces I can use if I need to get into other software. But if all you have is an HDN card, I would not recommend trying to use other daw software (Assuming you are using PT 11+).

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10