View Single Post
Old 01-14-2006, 12:44 PM

Default Muted tracks unmute during playback

Some, but not all, of my muted tracks unmute automatically during playback. The problem usually occurs when the moving timeline hits a region on a muted track. Suddenly, the track unmutes itself. This affects mute only. Solo tracks behave as they are supposed to. Also, muting a track during playback will keep the track muted until the timeline reaches the end of a region, where the track unmutes itself once again. I have gone through the manual and preference menus numerous times trying to turn off this function, but I am unable to find the cause of this behavior.

Brief history: This occurs in a session that has evolved over 2 years of temp scoring a film project in development. As picture sequences meld into reels, and reels into AB reels; Protools sessions have merged, split and merged again. This is track specific, but not region specific. And not all tracks exhibit this behavior.

I am able to create a new session with virgin tracks and this bad behavior never occurs. Does anyone have any ideas what is going on?

My system: HD2 Accel, v.6.7, Mac G5 2.0, 1 GB RAM, (2) Internal SATA drives, (2) LaCie 250 GB Firewire drives, Canopus ADVC-100

Thanks.

- Mark