View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 08:06 PM

Default Re: I went back to Pro Tools 10 HD Accel in 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by js_nyc View Post
I have a client who has the exact system you mentioned (HD Accel/PT 10x/192 16 Analog Input). He has been experiencing a static/crackling on the inputs 1-8 and 9-16. No issues with the output signal. I did troubleshooting visits, eliminating all of the cabling/outboard variables, zeroing in on the Accel card and the 192. Proceeding further, I have taken the cards out of the computer, cleaned (with Cranolin), and re-seated them. Also, opened up the 192 and after inspecting the cards for any visible apparent burn out failures, cleaned and re-seated the ribbon cables to all input and output cards Checked the physical connector cables, etc. The problem still persists. (did not go into the power supply area of the unit)

Since this "legacy" thread exists, I am reaching out to find solutions to this problem from people who still own and use this equipment.

A: Do you know of a trustworthy, inexpensive repair person that I could suggest? I found Mitch Berger in CA, but he is on the East Coast (additional shipping costs).

B: Should he be shopping around for another 192 0n Ebay at this point? Very unpredictable in my opinion, but please let me know your thoughts.

C: Could it still be the Accel PCIe card? I would think the inputs and outputs would be equally compromised if it was the card, but please let me know if this thinking is wrong.

So please let me know your expert thoughts on this dilemma.

Thanks
Sound like a loop sync issue.

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp