View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 12:51 PM

Default Re: No more HD Native PCIe card?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
The Apple USB-C adapter you are referring to is a Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter. It absolutely works with the HD Native Thunderbolt adapter... but only if you have a Thunderbolt 3 connection to connect to in the first place.

Thunderbolt Native was kind of a easy step for Avid as they already had the Native PCIe card, and Thunderbolt pretty directly exposes PCIe, so it's much the same internally. It would be much more of a move to do USB 3 to Digilink. And the USB drivers can get a lot messier. I would hope Avid starts moving off Digilink before say going to USB 3, and I'm not convinced that would be a good move anyhow. I'd much rather see them come out with a new generation of PCIe cards and equivalent Thunderbolt 3 adapters (and sure throw Dante into the mix as well).
Help me understand why plenty of people in the thread below seem to be able to connect thier Apollo’s using a USB-C connection.

https://uadforum.com/general-discuss...underbolt.html
15 years as PTHD User, Protools 2018 Ultimate, 24 Channel iCon D-Command, Avid Omni, Lynx Aurora 16, (2) BLA Modified 192 I/O’s, DigiPre, Way Too Many Outboard Compressors/EQ’s/ETC, where did all my money go????