View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 12:44 AM

Default Re: Can't get any sound to play on Pro Tools 8.0.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
The MIX knob is the first thing to confuse newbies. Unfortunately, your computer shows several issues that may be deal breakers.

AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 630 Processor-is it really Athlon or is it Phenom?
...2x667MHz, Integrated Graphics Is this a laptop? Integrated graphics can be a show stopper

Audio (J:) : 56GB (NTFS) @ Maxtor OneTouch III 60GB (USB) USB drives are not supported for recording or any audio use(okay for backups and transfer only)
VIA Fire II IEEE-1394 OHCI Link Layer Controller I think VIA firewire is a show stopper(someone correct me if this is incorrect)
802.11n Wireless LAN Card (802.11g (ERP), TKIP, 24Mbps) needs to be disabled when running Pro Tools

8.0.4 is multi-client so you SHOULD hear system sounds thru the Mbox, but until you get PT to playback, worry about the other sounds later. Put that MIX knob right in the middle for testing(once you get things working, then you will need to learn how/why/when to use it).
What he said.

There are a number of hardware issues that should be addressed before expecting this to be a strong Pro Tools system.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com