View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 06:08 PM

Default Re: PT ProControl Technical Assistance

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Rae C View Post
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, so I connect the 192D to the ADA8000 digital in, direct from my McPro then back to the 192D bypassing the 96 as I have already connected the 96 via trs, dsub 25 to digital input, then using a Dsub25-Dsub25 into the ProControl the set the I\O settings.

Am I one correct track and could you provide a drawing\digram if possible as there is not a local expert i could afford being a student
This is confusing, or outright incorrect. There is no connection between the 96 TRS jacks and the 192D. The 96 jacks(the TRS jacks) are all analog connections. Inputs would come from microphone preamps and outputs would feed monitors and/or headphones.

The Behringer ADA8200(I don't recommend the ADA8000) does connect via lightpipe to the 192D. I recommend you start simple and expand later(as your knowledge grows). If you have preamps, what connections do they offer. Assuming the Behringer ADA8200(because its fairly simple), leave the 96 IO out for now(no connections at all and leave it powered off). With only the 192 connected to the card via DIGILINK cable, power things up. Connect the Behringer ADAT output to the top ADAT input(back of the 192D). COnnect a second lightpipe from the top ADAT output of the 192D and route that to the ADAT input of the Behringer. Now open Pro Tools and create a blank session at 24 bit/48KHz. Create a mono audio track and put it in Record-ready(red light flashing). Plug a microphone into input 1 of the behringer and turn the gain up about halfway. With any luck, talking into the mic will make the track's meter move. If not, then you're going to need to open the setup>Hardware menu and configure the 192 so the lightpipe connections work.

This is just scratching the surface to get you started, and logic tells me that the odds are against you figuring it out with my remote attempt at guidance(one more reason I recommend some local help). When you say you can't afford local help, you spent a bunch of money on all this hardware, so you have a choice here; get proper help so you can work what you have, or sell it all and buy a simple system that is "plug & play". Not trying to be a downer, but you jumped into the deep end of the pool without checking the see if the water was hot or cold. Maybe the person that sold you all this should come by and prove to you that it all works? You're a student, but a student of what? Does the school have any recording classes? Even if you aren't in them, other students or the instructor might be willing to help. Just trying to figure a way for you to get assistance for cheap or free

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave

Last edited by albee1952; 12-29-2017 at 06:25 PM.