Thread: Not answering
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2019, 12:17 AM

Default Re: Not answering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Ah a slightly different symptom description “freeze up” vs just not responding to commands... that changes things, likely solves this for you....A very common cause of intermittent freezes is having media in your CD/DVD-ROM drive... remove any media. Or having a Floppy drive present in Windows/BIOS (even if you don’t actually have a physical floppy drive). Go into the bios and disable them, reboot, if windows device manager still shows them disable them there.

This has been discussed on DUC over the last several years and is mentioned in the Pro Tools release notes if you want to look for more info. But try what I suggested to start with.
Oh, sorry. In some way it freezes, but the blue "thinking wheel" remains in motion as long as i let it. Does that clear things up?

I have no media in my CD/DVD-drive. I´ll try and enter the BIOS. Is there any way to separate the drives i need from those that are not needed, i mean is there a risk that i go about this all wrong and brake things? As swedish is my native toungue i try to translate all your advice to swedish and it makes it a little bit shaky, i feel. Pls bare with me.

Can i see inside the device manager what drivers might be inside the BIOS and by that letting me know what´s what? / Jonas