View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 03:50 PM

Default Re: HDX PT 2018 CPU Spikes AAE -9171 Halts Playback

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.engineer View Post
Recording session went flawlessly.

But then listening back to some other sessions with no plugins I had a couple of dropouts for no apparent reason. As you said howardk like the weather!

And a freaky MIDI bug that is seriously not good. A bug that deletes all the MIDI on a track when you write one note.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's strange behavior! Neither of which I have seen.

I did see a couple strange events on my system a) audio segments/regions went missing/off-line from a session, and I had to relink by name and the files where still within the session's Audio Files folder. b) Pro Tools corrupted a source file when I was importing into a track for reference. . . both strange occurrences I have never seen happen before. I have been using Pro Tools HD since 1998 (had a 5 card Mix system with a couple samplecell cards in an expansion chassis) and moved to Accel when it first came out and eventually grew it to HD7. . . I have never felt as nervous using Pro Tools as I do right now with 2018 Ultimate.

Aside from the strange occurrences. . . I sure would like to know when these "weather related" CPU spikes made their way into Pro Tools HD. . . which versions of OS X/Pro Tools? and what the remedy is?

Does replacing the Video card with a more capable Model make the difference to eliminate these CPU Spike/log jams?

Last edited by Howardk; 01-14-2019 at 07:52 PM.