View Single Post
Old 05-25-2015, 08:40 AM

Default Quartet not working with Win 7 - no sound/readings!

Ok, so I'm new to the Pro Tools / Quartet / Windows world. I bought the PT / Quartet bundle. I'm having issues getting the Quartet installed on my Win 7 machine. Here are my specs:
- CPU: Intel i7 3770K @ 3.50GHz Ivy Bridge
- 16Gb RAM
- MoBo: Gigabyte Tech, Z77X-UDSH

Pro Tools (at this point) seems to be running fine, although I'm missing some options in the set-up tab (but I'm assuming that'll be fixed once I get the Quartet up and going.) The bottom line is that I'm not getting any sound / activity from my Quartet. I installed the latest drivers (1.0.10) and the interface wasn't being found by my PC at all. (When I went into my PC's Sound Control Panel, the Quartet wasn't there, and it had a little 'x' over the speaker in the lower right-hand corner dock.) So, I uninstalled and installed the prior Avid ProTools IO Control driver version (1_0_8). That seemed to work a little better -- still no sound -- but at least the Quartet was being recognized by my PC. However, every once in awhile that 'x' would appear over the speaker icon in the corner and I would have to unplug and plug the Quartet USB back in. Anyway, when I try and open the PT IO Control panel, it's blank -- there's nothing there. And, when I try use the updater, it says that it failed and that I should re-install the drivers. There is almost no signal of life through the Quartet. The buttons are all back-lit, but I can't activate them, and there are no readings whatsoever on the meters. Please help!! I did some reading on "Pro Tools approved Window machines", but could that be the issue? I need my rig up and running, please!