View Single Post
Old 12-13-2007, 06:52 PM

Default Firmware Update HELP. My 003 Rack will not update Firmware.

Hello DUC Users.

I just bought the DIGO 003 Rack and I read the complete Manual due to the worth of the Hardware. I followed the manual and istalled the Digi 003 Rack and tried to install PT 7.3. Unfortunately, the DVD would not work. I tried uploading the older Protools 7 that I had my PC from the MBox 2. When I loaded PT 7, it recognized the Digi 003 Rack as the 002 Rack and uploaded the Digi 002 Firmware on my Digi 003.

I went to www.Digidesign.com and read the Support FAQ and it said I should hold MUTE and AUX IN 7/8 and Power up the Digi 003 Rack (and I did and all MIDI lights are blinking at this point)then Run Protools and I should get a pop to update the 003 FIRMWARE.

When I run ProTools, I get this pop up "Unable to locate Digidesign hardware. Make sureyour hardware is connected and turned on. Click OK when the hardware is ready". The first time I plugged in the DIGI 003 Rack, it was recognized by my Computer but now neither the Digi 003 Rack or my External Hard Drive will connect via Firewire. Do I need to use one of Digidesign's approved Firewire PCI Cards to solve this connectiveity problem?

If anyone can shed any light on my situation, I would appreciate it.

M.

My computer was built.