View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 04:15 AM

Default Re: Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 not working with PT10

This is an ongoing issue with Focusrite interfaces, unfortunately. I have the Scarlett 8i6. Whenever you need to change the sample rate for a session, you can't just open the new session with the new rate and have the MixControl for your interface just change. You have to do the following whenever you're changing sample rates:

1. Close Pro Tools completely
2. Open Mix Control and set the sample rate to whatever rate you will be working in
3. Open Pro Tools and then your session at the new sample rate.

If if still doesn't play (which often happens), then:

4. Close everything, reboot your computer, check the Mix Control sample rate is where you want it.
5. Then reboot PT and you should be good to go.

Its a PITA I know, but after having gone round and round with Focusrite on this when I got my Scarlett....this is the ONLY solution. I have all the latest drivers etc...followed everything Focusrite's customer service folks, including Katherine, told me to do. The bottom line is that whenever you change the sample rate in PT, you have to manually change it in the Mix Control program and then reboot. The reason you didn't have to do that when you were using the MBox is because that was an AVID product, so they spoke the same language I guess.

I agree that there should be a simple way to have it so if you go from a session with sample rate X to a new session with sample rate Y, that it should simply just change the rate on your interface, or at the least, if you MUST change it manually, it won't lock up the system and force you to reboot like it now does.

If its any consolation, you are not alone....MANY others have reported the exact same issues here and elsewhere. If it weren't for the fact that the Focusrite sounded so fantastic, I'd switch to something else where this isn't a problem.