View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 02:52 PM

Default Re: Bugged sessions - System crash on startup

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliarnalds View Post

In both cases i was working in a session, and everything is fine. I can close go to another session and back to this one and all works. But then i turn off my computer and come back the next day to open it - Pro tools opens fine but while opening the session the whole system freezes (as in: the mouse doesn't even move and i have to hold the powerbutton to restart). It always freezes at the same spot: "Restoring tracks - activating inserts: *trackname*" - and it's always the same track.
Hi,

It points towards this same track every time? so either there's a plugin on this track which is incompatible or out of date or the audio on this track has become corrupted.

First check all plugins are up to date!!

what plugins are on this track?

If you do manage to get this track to load, then select all the audio on that track from the beginning of the song and use consolidate to create a new audio file for the regions on this track! then open a new session and import everything except the problem track then import the new consolidated audio into the new session. this will eliminate an audio region corruption.

Total system freeze is quite a serious issue and its possible for incompatible plugs to cause this!! so double check your plugins are all the latest versions as i mentioned above. and let us know the plugins on the problem track.

There are many other possible causes! hard drive / Ram etc, but start with the obvious and easy to eliminate possible causes first.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.