View Single Post
Old 09-26-2014, 08:16 PM

Default PT11 Digi002r Midi and Hardware setup

I recently purchased PT11 after setting up a Mavericks drive on my MacPro 3,1 (2009). My MP has two quad-core Intel Xeon 2.8GHz processors, 14GB RAM and a hard drive installed in each internal bay (250GB, 320GB, 1TB and 3TB). I have been using Logic 9.x on the 250GB HD with OSX Leopard on it and was working fine with my Digi002. However, I decided it was time to dive back into the real world and start using Pro Tools again. I downloaded and installed all the PT11 software, rebooted, and it appeared to be working fine. Then I plugged in a Behringer Ultragain Pro-8 Digital ADAT device using the Optical Input and since, I have not been able to open the Hardware settings in Pro Tools. I have a session I'm trying to work on currently that is inundated with plugins and now it's telling me to change the H/W Buffer size... which I can't do. Ugghh.

In addition to that, I have an M-Audio KeyRig 49 that is recognized in Mavericks, but the Audio Midi Setup in the Utilities folder will not launch. Here's the error I see when attempting to get the KeyRig to recognize in the Audio Midi Setup:

Audio MIDI Setup couldn’t open the MIDI Server so you can’t view or edit your MIDI configurations.
If you recently installed a new MIDI driver, try uninstalling it and then open Audio MIDI Setup again. If Audio MIDI Setup works correctly after that, contact the driver’s manufacturer for further support.

So there are my two issues:
1 - Hardware setup won't open
2 - Audio Midi Setup won't allow me to add a device and after about 2 minutes, gives that error.

Does this fall back on the Digi002 not being "supported"? If I were using a 3rd party interface like the Focusrite Saffire Pro 24, does it sound like this issue would still exist?

Thanks, in advance, for your help and suggestions!
Kevin

MacPro desktop (circa 2009)
8-core Intel Xeon 2.8GHz
14 GB RAM
Digi002r
Pro Tools 11.2.1