View Single Post
Old 10-27-2019, 05:12 AM

Default How much do you use your S3 for plugins?

Curious how much people find this useful for plugins.

Does anyone use it with a channel strip plugin?

I have mix+dock and generally find that while I love the setup for everything else, I don't find it to be that useful for plugins. Too many pages, weird parameter mapping and lack of custom mapping all leave me reaching for the mouse (or mouse+trackpad for eq's). I've demo'd an S3 and generally felt the same, but was curious if that was also me not being familiar with it.

I picked up a Softube Console1 a while back, and really like the workflow of it, of course it would be great to have channel linking, but even as-is, I find it more useful than trying to edit anything with more than a few parameters on the Dock.

It seems at this point that custom mapping isn't something that anyone should assume is in the pipeline...The S3 would have plenty of knobs/faders/buttons to be an awesome channel strip controller, especially with a Dock. I could see mapping everything to Plugin Alliance channel strips or would be really amazing if we could store channel presets + mapping to multiple plugins. But it seems like all that is a pipe dream at this point.