View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 03:49 PM

Default HD Native - 3 simple questions

Hey all, I've been scanning through message boards for an hour and my head is starting to spin. I can't seem to get simple, concrete facts about some aspects of the HD Native system, so I'm gonna ask here in hopes that someone from Digi/Avid or that has hands on experience with the Native card can shed some light on this. I'm a long time professional PT user and am excited about this system but want to know:

1) ADC - I see tons of confusing information and lots of argument on this subject. Simply put, what are it's limits, both for plugin delay compensation and i/o?

2) Interface - I know what the supported interfaces are, but theoretically, would an Apogee Rosetta 800 with the X-HD card installed interface properly with the Native card? And is latency/ADC affected by which interface is connected?

3) Footswitch - smaller issue, any way of somehow using a footswitch for punch in/out on this system the way 002/003 users can?

Any info would be appreciated thanks. And no arguing about the price or which system is better please; there's plenty of other threads for that. :)