View Single Post
Old 11-18-2018, 05:13 AM

Default Re: internal sata drive doesn´t show up after restart

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonwurm View Post
I run a dualboot system (Mavericks / Sierra), both on a dedicated internal ssd. I bought a new internal hard drive (Western Digital WD Black 4TB) for Libraries / Samples.

After starting the mac all disks show up but if I choose to restart from the other system-drive the Western Digitak Disk doesn´t mount and it´s not shown in the disk utility, too. I have to shut the mac down. Then after rebooting all disks are back again. Also if I do a restart but not changing the startup disk the disk comes up without problems. So the problem only occurs by doing a restart by switching the system drive.

Does someone have any advice how to fix this issue ?

Thanks in advance
I dual boot my 2012 MacPro into either Yosemite or Sierra and my drives all show up okay in Finder and Disk Utility. I don't have them show on my desktop though. I have two WD Blacks 4 TB each with 64 meg cache - yours have the 128 meg cache in the internal drive bays 1 and 3. I boot from a Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB that sits on a pcie adapter card and that ssd is split into two equal boot partitions.

I don't understand something - are you booting off two separate drives - one for Sierra and the other for Mavericks? If so where are those drives? It looks like you have five drives which would mean you either have one ssd on a pcie card or a drive sitting in the lower optical drive bay.

Where are you selecting which drive to boot off of? System preferences or holding down the option key on bootup?

QAPLA!