View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 07:06 AM

Default Re: On Sale - Brainworx bx_digital V3

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Would you mind explaining what this automation issue is that needs to be fixed?
The curve will not follow the automation change.
It will work fine in music session on one song but not in busy postproduction session where one them might need one curve following by the other with the different curve.
I contacted several times PA, and they admit it is an issue but cannot guaranty that they will address it anytime soon.

This is from my support ticket a year ago
DSM v2 doesn't write and doesn't read automation of the capture curve, making unusable this great plugin for post.
Reproducible 100%.
1. On an audio track place two themes (songs).
2. Press Capture Curve on the first theme. Write automation to all enabled.
3. Press Capture Curve on the second theme. Write automation to all enabled.
4. Go back to theme one - it now lost its curve and thus sounds different than intended. It only keeps the latest curve.

All other parameters perform write and read passes just fine.
The curve automation is enabled of course.

Please look into this problem as many people have it.

PA response:

Hi Michael Goorevich,

Yes, our dev team is aware of it and many of the bugs that exist with the DSM are still being evaluated for fixing. With this product in particular, there are tremendous complexities involved and this becomes a matter of resources along with other considerations which we are not at liberty to discuss. For now, I'm afraid the issue will continue to persist for quite some time.

Unfortunately, there are not too many options at this point. If we do work on the DSM, it will most likely be on the V3 version so if that does ever happen, I would be able to extend you a significant discount on purchasing it.

Sound Designer
/ mixer
www.goorevich.com

PT HD⎪N v2023.12 Ultimate ● macOS Ventura 13.6.3
MacPro 7.1 (2019) 3.2GHz Intel Xeon W 16-Core ● 96 GB RAM
MTRX Studio + DADman 5.7.0.1 + MOM ● Sync HD ● AJA Kona LHi referenced by AJA GEN10 ● D-Command ES24