View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 12:17 PM

Default Re: Looming output to input in HD Omni

Quote:
The best way to hook the Omni & 18i20 IMHO would be to use s/pdif to connect the two together.

You'd need two 75ohm cables,
1 for 18i20>Omni
2nd for Omni>18i20

Then setup digital connection in Focusrite software (also in DAW yor're using).

Use whichever unit has best ADA converters for Master and other as slave. Of course both units would have to be set with same sample rate if it doesn't happen automatically.
Apologies for the miscommunication - I'm not trying to connect the two. The focusrite is my home unit, this Omni is one that's being supplied to me at my new job. My only intent was to describe the difference between my two setups - it worked reasonably well at home. However, thank you for the heads up on that. Useful knowledge to have regardless. The other stuff you said is far more immediately useful!

Quote:
Looks like you're taking a line level feed from the output and plugging into instrument level (pedals) input.

[...]

I'd be inclined to plug pedals in front of whichever unit you're plugging into instead of trying to create a pedal FX loop as I don't think either unit has an Instrument level output.
This is most likely my oversight, I think. I'm doing some research on how to turn a Line Level signal into an Instrument level signal. It looks like I need something like this is where my research is leading to. Once I've got the Line output from the HD Omni to an instrument level, I can pop them into my pedals no problem and then either use another similar box to bring them back to line level if I needed to, or in the case of the HD Omni, since I don't need to, just switch the Omni's front panel to Instrument level input!

Sound correct? Thank you, again!