View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 11:29 PM

Default Re: Need help downloading protools 8 full.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJPapakonstantinou View Post
Yes you are correct it is the Pro tools HD, my apologies for not being specific. As for your question no i did not activate it as i did not have the software for it. When i picked up l.e at L.A music mississauga i helped them out and they gave me the ilok otherwise known as a factory with the license key. The Mbox 2 from it was the same model there for i had no need to buy the second device but it was previously used so everything is already stored on the ilok (Factory). The only thing i am missing in other words should only be the software for protools hd if i am correct. This is what i was instructed from the people at L.A music.

In either case thanks for your reply, it is appreciated.
Also i have just re activated my L.E for at least the mean time.
Sounds like you just need to purchase the relevant replacement disks from the Avid Store. You can access that from the Avid home page. For whatever reason they have never linked to the the AvidStore directly from the forum. Knowing exactly what assets are on the key would be helpful. Hopefully they gave you the iLok account info for the key if it was previously owned. Both PT 9 and 10 are full installers. Meaning the same installer is used for both HD and non HD. The iLok asset unlocks the HD features in software if its a HD Asset. PT9 should have the correct drivers built in. PT 10 requires a separate driver installation. You can find links to the latest updates and drivers at the top of the forum.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88