View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 08:03 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 10 on Windows 8??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarabozo View Post
I don't understand the urgency to run ProTools on Windows 8. Much less the angryness and unsatisfaction some are declaring as customers.

ProTools is advertised as compatible with Windows 7, not Windows 8 yet. It will when Windows 8 is the standard. So, I don't see how someone can get angry at Avid because ProTools doesn't work properly on Windows 8 yet. Also, you get the most of ProTools you can get on Windows 7.

If you're trying to use the latest version of ProTools because you want to use the "industry standard" for recordings, then install Windows 7 and use it. No real professional tries to use his Windows + ProTools setup to use anything else on it (e.g. more software, games, etc). More than that, he follows all the Windows optimization points described in the support pages, which make the system look less pretty but function pretty well. After all, that's the role of that computer, being a perfectly clean and fast ProTools platform.

If you want to use the computer you have as ProTools Worstation for something else, then you can boot a different Windows (XP, 7, 8, anything you want) from a different partition or disk. That will protect your ProTools setup from getting dirty or misconfigured.
+1

If you want Pro Tools to run as advertised you need to stick to the stated spec requirements.

Now if you are crazy, like me, and like flying by the seat of your pants and not having any support when something goes wrong, then install Windows 8

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio