View Single Post
Old 03-22-2015, 02:20 PM

Default Re: Download-Links in my user account not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts View Post
Updates Once?
We are on 11.3.1 or is it 11.3.2???
I have updated 11 alone no less than 15 times since it's release.
Installs maybe simple for you. but if you've never done it.
Never used an ilok - don't even know what an ilok is.
If you don;t have ilok accounts or Avid accounts they you have to create them
Then if your address is not perfect with a properly formatted zip code even - you can't install Pro Tools!
Is very hard for the new user it's 30 Steps to install and authorize Pro Tools 11
vs. Pro Tools 9 can on a pre-auth'd ilok. plug in your ilok and and install pro tools off the dvd's nothing to download - nothing to authorize it was so simple.
Like I said the Avid web site is nothing short of joke and it's Disneyland web Development team...
If you want more examples of the Avid sloppy web site I could list 3 pages of issues with it. ( But I will will charge you you my web dev. consulting fee to do a detailed report
Well what can I say but you are definitely having issues with PT but again - why waste your time with it? Move on to another daw.

Installs are easy if you take your time to truly understand what's going on. This is not, and never has been, plug and lay software. There are specific ways of doing things with PT.

The reason you don't just have a dvd with a pre-authorized iLok is the software on the dvd would be out of date. Companies don't burn just one dvd at a time for a person; they bulk burn and you WILL end up with out of date s/w. It's always been that way.

There have not been 15 updates since PT11 was released.

QAPLA!