View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 03:42 PM

Default Re: Issue with reading metadata from library files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglesworth View Post
I honestly hadn't tried to import to the clips list before this point. Just never even thought of it. But I just tried, and I get the same error upon import to the clips list. It comes up with the window to choose auto or manual relinking. The clip in the clips list is listed as a mono clip with ".A2" added to the end of the name. Again, i can drag these files out of the finder to my session just fine. but that is inconvenient for obvious reasons.

My session was NOT set to interleaved, and these files came from the company as interleaved. So i tried changing my session to interleaved and dragged a file in from the workspace. I was still only getting a mono file, and the name was appended with ".A2". But it did link to the file and the clip did not come in offline.
ok, you tried one thing but did you try dragging the 2 files A1, A2 together into the track list ... on the left side of your edit window ?? should create s stereo track .. just because they are 2 separate files should not stop you from doing this .. pro tools still deals with files as dual mono ..

i may still not be understanding what you are doing as i can import and drag and drop 2 mono files to a stereo all day long .. i feel like i am just not understanding .. sorry man ..

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro