View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 10:51 PM

Default Re: Need Help with AIR Structure - Creating a patch from imported samples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
I know you don't work for AIR but we are lucky to have you here on the forum with all your assistance with this company seeing you are always helping members here to get their stuff sorted so Thank You for all your help in both troubleshooting and assistance with AIR.

We really appreciate the help so don't disappear from the DUC please

Reg the AIR VI some are great like LOOM/HYBRID3/Transfuser which we use pretty often for that sound the usual suspects doesn't really deliver on so I am not against the VI, just the installer process and all the authorizing on each plugin which should be IMNSHO like UA UAD-2. One installer and you can authorize any new plugin or demo with ONE click and boom - There it is. No restarts or other complexity, just click buy or demo and the plugin starts right up

Downloading the Structure and Strike libs are JUUUUUUUGE (Best Donald Voice) and for many many people out there bandwith prices are expansive so having to redownload all those parts and risk having one of them go wrong when you install is crazy as you have to do it all over.

I am not kidding, looked at a few of our library SSD's when we added a new batch and backed up the older ones we had 6 full Structure and Strike folders spread out with like 60+ GB of samples which has been downloaded many times and forgot to delete the old libraries so one gets pretty peed off seeing that they are already on the drives and still needed to be downloaded again.

Having their system set up like this is like 2010 and we have moved on a long time ago now so time for a change in AIR customer satisfaction.

Sorry for the off topic Donald but I just got caught up hehe

All The Best Luck with your problem and praying you get up and running tomorrow when you revisit this.
NOt off topic at all. Very much ON topic. I have to download ALL the samples I already have just to get an update, because the update itself simply won't work no matter what. AIR is way behind the curve on ease of installation and updating.

Like you, I find many of their VI's very nice and I use them a lot, especially Transfuser, Hybrid 3, and Structure (and, I'll confess, Xpand2...which I KNOW is one that many, many pros secretly use, but won't admit to it). Structure is, in my opinion, one of the very best sample based VIs out there. You can just do so much with it. But the hassle of installing and updating...GEESH!