View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 06:08 AM

Default Blinking STOP/PLAY transport buttons PLAYBACK ISSUE

Hello,

I have been getting frustrated with an issue I have had happen before in certain sessions. Here is what happens:

- I press space bar to begin playback and on the transport the stop button and play button blink once together and then the play button blinks a few more times and I get no playback.

I am able to close sessions this happens with and open others which playback fine so I'm able to pinpoint the specific sessions this happens in. I fear I accidentally turned on some weird sync or something that I don't know about and that is my problem. This is very frustrating though as you can imagine because if I am working on a session and this happens my work comes to an abrupt stop. Sometimes restarting my entire system solves this issue.

Has anyone had this happen to them and what did you do to fix the problem? Thanks in advance for your help and sorry if there is already a thread for this, but I couldn't find anything.

-Theo

Mobile: MBP Retina 2.6 HGz Intel Core i7 w 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 running macOS Catalina (10.15.7) w/ Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.12

Studio: Mac Pro 2 x 2.93 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon w 16 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 RAM running OS X 10.8.5 using Pro Tools v10.3.9 & v11.3.2 HDX w/ AVID HD I/O