View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 01:21 AM

Default PT WaveEx Audio Output

I'm mixing a soundtrack now in a planetarium theatre I did for a new show and for the theatre system to run the final surround mix it needs to be a WaveEx file. The mix is channelized for 19 surround dome speakers so there are many convoluted output tracks here. I had to make several output channels for various aux configurations. I'm using the Dante virtual sound card on my Mac Pro to interface with the theatre Dante system and I'm able to output to all 19 speakers this way (19.2). The OMNI interface is irrelevant to this scenario. I've managed to make this work but ultimately I need to output this mix to a WaveEx file. It looks like this is a PC format file also known as Wave Extensible but I've found no other Mac apps to output a file like this. I gather this has several layers of metadata that needs to be included with the final wave file. I did manage to import a Wave file like this from another planetarium show in Pro Tools and it broke out into 17 separate tracks So PT can interpret these. Any suggestions?