View Single Post
Old 03-03-2019, 10:19 PM

Default Re: Pro tools 2019 !

Even now, it would be nice to just plug an Ethernet cable in to the network switch and record everything via DVS, than to have to lug around my HD Native Thunderbolt box with Focusrite Red 8Pre and an HD32R to get 64 channel in to Protools.

And therin lies the point.

Avid and Protools are losing market share because you can carry a laptop and an ethernet cable or USB cable and record 64 channels (or more) to any other piece of software, which you can’t do with Protools without whole racks of other gear which costs nearly $5,000.

And then there’s the fact that Protools just isn’t as reliable enough in most people’s eyes to do live recording. Avid needs a Protools Live that is super stable and will serve as just a bit bucket for live recording for up to 64 (or unlimited) channels to compete with Nuendo Live, Waves Tracks Live, or Reaper.

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One

Last edited by JCBigler; 03-03-2019 at 10:36 PM.