View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 10:06 PM

Default USB keyboard in 7.3 issues (newbie)

I will first post my setup:

Core duo 6600 xp professional 2 gb RAM, 002 PTLE 7.3.1 cs7. The 002 has a lightpipe cable going into a Focusrite ISA 428 digital option card, which has made my ears much happier than the 002 box sonically. Recording guitars, drums, and acoustic stand alone instruments and using mics is sounding fantastic overall. I also have a some other outboard preamps and compressors that I feed into the 4 extra inputs on the ISA 428 digital option card, which is also sounding fantastic. The digital option card features a "soft limiter" which prevents major clipping signals from reaching protools.

PT runs fine with only minor blips on the CPU usage monitor

I have an M Audio Oxygen 49 usb keyboard that (used to) work fine but I've managed to screw up my configurations. Can some kind soul here walk me through the process of configuring this keyboard to operate in my freebie VI plugins I was given with the "rack factory" setup

I am currently using Sample tank and Reason Adapted and before I spend on full versions or PT 8, I want to learn more and become literate in basic operations.

I previously had both of these instruments working well in their stand alone applications modes using the oxygen 49 as a setup configuratoin, but once launching PT and pulling the instruments up as instructed in the owners manual using the newly created stereo track without arming, and then a midi track that you record enable. Doing this in the RTAS format I get the instuments to work fine when clicking the mouse, but no matter how I configure peripherals or input devices on PTLE, I cannot get the Oxygen 49 to operate the virtual instrument.

I have read 4 different manuals trying to fix this. Can anyone help?

Links?
video manuls?

anythng?
Thanks for any ideas.

Steve Boyd