View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 07:53 AM

Default Re: Dante Controller and "Pro-Tools-First" Issue

Hello, everyone;
At "First", (no bad pun also
I´d like to say I´m thankful for your attention here, really appreciate that, thank You.
You betcha, can consider myself an experienced user, been trough Pro-Tools since the 888´s era (really miss that time, feeling nostagious here).
The reasons why I´m trying to run a connection between Pro Tools First and Dante are noble and described below;

I´d like to convince the managers of the department I work for, to buy, own and migrate to Pro-Tools.
I work for a TV broadcast environment.
We have three standalone studios with Yamaha Ql-5, using only analog connection.
Im planning a system that would use Pro Tools and Dante to establish a communication between the three Studios, once that is already a robust network connection through all the building.
I need to run a demonstration to the managers, to show the system working on runtime.
I´ve already established the connection, patched the Yamaha QL-5, made the correct assignents on Dante Controller, everything OK.
But when trying to route the channel´s outputs, Pro tools First accepts only (Dante TX 1-2), or (Dante TX 3-4), or (Dante TX 5-6) or (Dante TX 7-8), one at a time. Two ore more diffrent assignments are unavailable.
Although, once established the connection, it runs smooth and sound.
If I could be able to run this connection on Pro Tools First, just once, as a demonstration to the managers of the department, I´m sure they will migrate to Pro Tools Platform buying hardware,DAWS and licenses. (And maybe I would be hugely pleased with a little reward from Avid, for playing for the team since 2001 :)

Once again, thank you all for your attention. Any help on this issue would still be appreciated

King regards,
Marco (The Neverknow)