View Single Post
Old 11-23-2020, 03:11 PM

Default Re: Black Friday Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by climber View Post
From the Avid site below the offer:

* The following 1-Year Subscription products (Paid Upfront or Paid Monthly) are eligible for the Black Friday 20% discount offer: Pro Tools, Pro Tools | Ultimate, Pro Tools for Education, Pro Tools | Ultimate for Education, Media Composer, Media Composer | Ultimate, Media Composer | Ultimate for Education, Sibelius, Sibelius | Ultimate, and Sibelius | Ultimate for Education. Subscription renewals are not eligible for this 20% off promotion. Please note that all “for education” subscriptions are available only to qualifying students and educators—academic eligibility will be verified and required to activate the software.

The 20% discount will appear in the checkout summary on shop.avid.com once the promo code BF2020 has been applied. The 20% discount will only be applicable to the first year of your 1-year subscription. The regular (non-discounted) online Avid Store price will apply upon renewal the following year. This offer is NOT applicable to the renewal of a Software Updates + Support Plan for any perpetual license. The code associated with this promotion can be used multiple times. This offer cannot be combined with any other promotion (only one code can be used at a time) and is not applicable to previous purchases. Purchasing a new subscription through this offer will not renew or extend an existing subscription. This offer is available only from November 23–29, 2020.

Thanks for the info.

Kinda ridiculous that long time customers don't get to avail of these promos.
It really doesn't feel good to be an Avid customer. I've been a pro tools user for 15+ years. It feel like they fxk you at every turn these past few years.
Last June I updated my subscription, and a promo was announced the next day that would have saved me a few quid. I emailed them and asked was there any leeway, of course not. That few quid has cost them years of subscriptions from me.
I get the marketing strategy, but it won't be good long term.
As a mix engineer, they don't offer anything the competition doesn't.