View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 09:19 AM

Angry Frustrated w/purchased music, lack of forum response & lack of customer support!rt

I had posted a question in this forum about printing purchased Scorch scores and received no response, which was frustrating. But now I'm really miffed! Upon further inspection, the score I purchased appears to be scored incorrectly: the left hand keyboard part is incorrectly written in treble clef instead of bass clef, is therefore an octave higher than it should be and interferes with the right hand part. I've tried to change that, but there doesn't appear to be any way. I've also discovered some other incorrect things in the score. I also asked the question if a purchased score could be edited in Sibelius and got no response and I'm pretty certain I can't do that. So, not only does it appear that I'm stuck with an incorrect score trapped in Scorch on my iPad, but I can't even print out the score and at least make manual corrections. This pretty much sucks and I'd really like my money back on this score that basically is worthless to me. But where do I go to do that? Do I have any recourse? It appears not. While I love what you can do with Scorch and my own scores created in Sibelius, purchasing scores is a whole other issue. WARNING to anyone considering purchasing music via Scorch on the iPad: it ain't ready for primetime. Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to give a very positive review of Scorch in the App Store because of these purchased score issues:
1. No ability to print purchased scores
2. Potentially incorrectly scored music
3. No ability to edit purchased scores
4. No response on the forum re: purchased music
5. No customer service support or recourse for problems with purchased music

Take my advice: until Avid gets these things worked out in regards to music purchased in Scorch on the iPad, DON'T PURCHASE ANY MUSIC!!!!