View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 10:58 AM

Default Re: Any reason to renew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1192 View Post
thx for a little support .. hey, can't hurt to ask .. and understood what drew says .. just get tired of the same thing over and over .. should be a better way to help these folks understand what is NEw, without it being repeated .. truly a waste of time ..

it is just like the "Help Us Help YOu" Document that NO One New to the Forums reads, and we have to direct them to it .. i was hoping that at some point that would be a mandatory read before you could post or the very least make them post their Signature with System info before Posting .. but hey, i asked that too .. shot down in flames !!! .. haha

yes, there are a lot of sub-forums .. Q: have all those sub-forums helped clean up main forums at all ??? or has it just cluttered up the OverAll Forums ???

cheers john
No hey sorry for any confusion, the only Part of my post that directed towards you was the first sentence and the first paragraph explaining my opinion why it might not be the best solution.
The rest of my post was just a general statement to all .
I agree it is kinda frustrating when people post a problem with no or vague system info. But perhaps there is not any practical method to code for a system in sig restriction ???

As far as " What's New " there are already the General Announcements and Technical Alerts where that info is pretty well covered in the Release notes etc .

But again IMO a "Should I Renew" sub forum may be too Ambiguous a question. It's like asking "what is best for me ?" It's too open ended and totally dependant on individual perception of value and return on dollar. Now I could be wrong and maybe as you ask, it would help clean up the main forums, but I think the nature of question posed would make it pretty problematic and messy.

It's like asking should I buy a new or used car . there is no universal or correct answer.

As far as the OP
Yes there are reasons to renew, just as there are reasons to possibly not renew. It depends on the individual situation and what they feel is more valuable, the money saved or access to upgrades.

Or maybe I am just being old and grumpy

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...

Last edited by K Roche; 01-16-2018 at 12:35 PM.