View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 11:12 AM
Avid

If you want to slave 2 different rigs, just use the same setup, but instead of choosing an IAC bus, choose a MIDI port and channel. Everything else should be the same.

Quote:
When using ADAT and recording in from Logic are you leaving Delay Comp off
Yes - I always turn off delay comp when recording.

Quote:
are there timing issues to be aware of with midi over IAC bus and coming back?
No worse than what you get using a standard interface and, as far as I've seen, it's been quite good overall.

Quote:
Anything I should be keeping in mind when working like this?
Nothing that comes to mind right off the bat. Once this is set up, I rarely have seen any problems and the ones I *have* seen are rather random or unrelated. If I think of something, I'll let you know.

I'm in the process of doing an entire Pro Tools/Logic Guide and I'll go into a bit more depth there.

Quote:
Secondly, just for future reference, is it possible to use DAE/Direct TDM in Logic while slaving it to Pro Tools using 2 computers?
I'm not quite clear on what you're asking. If the system that has Logic installed ALSO has HD hardware then, yes, you could. If you're thinking you can activate DAE/DTDM on the Logic system with HD hardware in the other computer then, no, that won't work. DAE/DTDM is how Logic 'accesses' HD hardware/cards. Logic and the hardware must be on the same system.

MTC is typically the best/easiest/most reliable method for sync'ing any two systems, whether it's Logic, Pro Tools, Logic with DAE/DTDM, Digital Performer, a hardware sequencer, etc.

Hope that helps.