View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 03:54 PM

Default Re: A producers integrity

Mybe the problem lies in getting it done on the so called 5 star rated SB. For my last production and mastering every correction that needed to be done on the vocals I had to do it myself and i don't mean re singing. I meaning simple things like TCE of a word or making sure you can clearly hear words that end in consonants or that consonants are not too pronounced. Every time i told the engineer to fix something i had to fix it myself and send him the audio. So what was i paying him for. Besides, I don't know much about working with audio and therefore would rather not have to touch anything.

Couple a years ago someone who i was studying with told us that you should get your song as close to the way you want it as possible because "they don't know squat" At the time I did not think much of it, and now as i begin to work with producers and engineers I realize he was right.

Here is a great story: when Randy Travis who wrote the song "Forever and Ever amen" first brought that song to the studio for production they told him that's not the way its done and that he should go back an re do it. Soon after he re-did it, and brought it back for production the song became a number one hit. Those producers and engineers had integrity. If my song or my singing sucks I want to be told. I don't want people taking my money just to make money. Amen!