View Single Post
Old 07-20-2020, 09:42 AM

Default Re: Sonarworks Reference 4 - Digi 002r Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
FWIW, Sonarworks and I went back and forth for several days as I could not get it to work with my 003 rack. After several emails, they insisted that it was a clock issue with the 003(BTW, the test process MUST be done at 44.1K). I borrowed another interface from a friend and the process went straight thru without a hitch. I can only imagine that if the clock on my 003 is a tad off, then an older 002 could be even further off spec. Now you may still think its Sonarworks and your 002 is fine, because it works, but consider; its a good 15 years old, and built to a price point. At some point, it gets to be time to replace it anyway. My 003 continued to function in a seemingly normal way, but then one day it simply stopped passing audio. It has now been replaced with a Presonus Studio 1810c
I'm aware of the age of my device, but meanwhile I tried 4 different interfaces and event tested with other mic's and other computer like my unused Win7 laptop. So far I always got the same issue.

As far as upgrading my set-up, I'm upgrading to ORION 32 after I finished and get payed for the current project I'm working on. But then the question is will the calibration work on that as I will be using my console as pre'amp and output controller.