View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 09:20 PM

Default Updated firmware for MC Mix & EUCON networking fix - When?

Come on, Avid. It's been way too long since the last MC Mix firmware "upgrade" disabled the "Shift + fader sets level to 0dB" feature. And we've all been crippling along, ever since. That is (was) one of my favorite and often used features of the MC Mix.

When can we expect an updated firmware for the MC Mix?

While you're at it, how about updating EUCON to work properly in modern (ie beyond basic) networks - like v3.1.3 does?

Having spent thousands on my MC Control and MC Mixes, it's distressing to see firmware and driver "updates" actually regress the functionality of the Artist Series. I'm on the verge of upgrading my entire DAW and AD/DA I/O setup. For sure, this ongoing Artist Series debacle is killing any warm and fuzzy inclination to go with to Avid Protools & hardware!

*** Addendum, 1/13/2015: Per post #13 on this thread, the disabled "Shift+Touch Fader=0dB" bug is apparently not a problem with MC Mix firmware. As stated by several forum posters in various threads, it appears to be a problem with EUCON/EuControl.

I just downgraded EUCON/EuControl to v3.0.1, while leaving the MC Mix firmware at v1.5.2. Lo and behold, the "S+TF=0dB" feature has been restored. In addition, EUCON appears to be communicating properly with my network and my MC controllers. Time will tell how well v3.0.1 works with OS X 10.9.5 and Cubase 7.5.30; but, so far, so good.

Last edited by O-WYO; 01-13-2015 at 03:04 PM.