View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 02:13 PM

Default Re: $250 for ProTools 9 ???? = Wtf Is Avid Smoking

Quote:
Originally Posted by J FRANK View Post
First and foremost I created this thread title/shocker because it was how I felt at the moment. Now please listen to what I have ti say.

Pro Tools 8 Le was the most expensive upgrade DigiDesign ever had. I saw the benefits and upgraded. Now we see another update and it is even $100 more than before ( $249 ).

From my initial read the main attraction is being able to use a 3rd party audio interface. That's great, but what about the current customers that own Digi hardware and choose to upgrade?

In my opinion Digi Hardware owners should not have to pay this ridiculous full price.

The only way we can make a change is by speaking with our wallets and making noise on forums such as these publicly. Without this, things will never change.

Who will stop Avid from charging $349 for Pro Tools 10..... $449 for Pro Tools 11......

You see where I'm going here.... In this tough economy clients are looking to save money, yet our tools are costing us more?
Here are some prices for you since you sound like you are ready to jump ship:

Cubase 5 499.99
Digital Performer 325.00
Cakewalk Sonar 8.5 Producer 349.99
Apple Logic Sudio 9 499.99

These are all comparable to PTLE 9, but I suppose you could always record with Garage Band.