View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 11:35 AM

Default Re: Best foot controller for use with Eleven Rack?

I had an idea....Yeah I know its a scary thought

Since there seems to be some interest in a Digi floor controller but the market for one is presumably fairly small and the cost of producing one would could end up being prohibitive.

Digi says they are putting out a template for the Ground Control, Why not go one step farther and over a simple Lexon overlay panel that would fit over the unit-one could edge light the Lexon panel which would allow the user to see the writing on a darkened stage.

Its just a thought.

The advantage of the Ground Control is that it dovetails nicely with the GCX.

At the very least put out a set of highly legible stickers for the Ground Control.

As much as I would like something like a the Roland FC300, Digitech Control One or X-15 floor controller that was self contained and priced competitively I just don't see this happening. There is of course an opportunity to co brand a controller with a custom flashed ROM. but the profits would be lower than normal.

The other thing thats possible would be to poll your users and give them the pedal they really want.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88